The appearance of teeth in a baby is always a source of joy for parents, but their emergence depends a lot on various factors, this talking about time since there is no exact date to help us determine the precise age at which they begin to emerge temporary teeth. On the other side, the emergence of temporary teeth can help us, many times, to determine the possible state in which the temporary teeth can be found.
Tooth eruption depends on or may be affected by elements such as:
- Sex- Hormones play an essential role in dental appearance since one of the times when testosterone levels rise, in this case in the baby’s growth stage, is when dental pieces begin to emerge. So, possibly, this process develops earlier in men than in women.
- Socio-economic level – It has been observed that those families where the monetary level is lower, there is a delay in the dental eruption.
Well, this eruption process occurs when there is already a calcification of the crown and root because the teeth are the only organs that are not present from birth. Dentists stipulate that approximately this development takes place from the age of 6 months, but of course, it depends on the factors mentioned above.
Since temporary teeth are an indication of how permanent teeth can be formed, it is recommended that parents consult a dentist so that they can carry out an analysis and follow up on this evolution.
The formation of temporary teeth is mainly subject to genetics, but there are chronological ranges about the eruptive sequence, which will be divided into three main categories.
- The emergence of teeth begins with the appearance of the two lower central incisors, followed by the two upper central incisors. Basically, the eight central teeth are formed first. This is done over periods of 4 to 6 months.
- From about 16 months, the molars erupt and at 20 months of age of the baby is when the canines begin to emerge.
- After all these teeth have formed, the second molars start to appear.
All this process can be seen finished from 30 months of life. Between each eruption, there is a waiting period of four to six months.
Although this range exists, there are cases in which the anatomy or biology breaks with these parameters; for example, there are babies who may have an early dental appearance. In these cases, the children form their teeth before the normal range; they can be born with the dental structure, known as feel connateles or neonatal. Another example is when at two months, the formation of the teeth begins. For this type of situation, dentists in Tijuana recommend extraction if there is a risk of problems of self-injury or injury to the mother at the time of breastfeeding.
Just as there is early formation, there can also be a delay in this procedure, this usually occurs in premature babies, but the moment their growth is balanced, the teeth will begin to develop naturally.
Now that we know a little about temporary teeth, it is recommended that this procedure be monitored by the dentist to advise parents in this process.